Tuesday 25 October 2016

BristolCon

Just a quick reminder that I'll be at BristolCon

My books will be on sale on the North Bristol Writers table in the vendor room

Sick City Syndrome by Peter Sutton

A Tiding Of Magpies by Peter Sutton

I'll be on two panels - as a moderator on one and panelist on the other

And I'll be doing a reading from Sick City Syndrome

10:00 – 10:45 - Call Me Rosetta
First Contact: As a probe sent out from Earth, what am I looking for, and what do I send back? If there’s life out there, when we meet the aliens, how do we say hello? How can we explain ourselves, and what should we keep back until the second date?
13:00 – 13:45 - Uncanny Valleys of the Mind
We’ve been worried about sentient robots for a long time, but are we really worrying about what they might do to us, or what they might do to our understanding of ourselves? When we’re developing smart machines, how do we weigh up the benefits and the dangers, and given that a Twitter chatbot can become a fascist in 24 hours, when do we pull the plug?
13:50 – 13:55 - Reading
I'm not planning on joining in on the mass signing but am happy to sign stuff if you can catch me ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog