Tuesday 14 May 2013

You know when you get a book by an author you like and they have decided to do something a bit different? well I have started reading The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes and it's not that similar to her other stuff. Luckily though, at a little over half way through I find that I don't mind and am enjoying it. There's some juggling going on by Beukes with this plot and I'm hoping she doesn't drop the ball so am still a little nervous about it. So far though, thumbs up. More when I've finished it...

In other news I'm off on a walking tour of Bristol this weekend in the company of the marvellous Eugene Byrne (he also promises cake and a chance to buy his new book) on this:

http://www.watershed.co.uk/whatson/4155/eugene-byrne-unbuilt-bristol-walking-tour

I'll post a review of that too

and I'm excited about going to the official launch of Adventure Rocketship in Bristol Forbidden Planet  - should be good :-)

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/486144641456348/

2 comments:

  1. update - finished Shining girls, letting my thoughts on it gather before writing review - watch this space

    ReplyDelete
  2. updated update - review delay

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog